| This is a help page about playing on EarthMC.
Welcome to the EarthMC Wiki FAQ page!
Links to the major EarthMC Help pages are shown on top, followed by more FAQ below.
- 1 The EarthMC Getting Started Page
- 2 Users Guide to EarthMC
- 3 The Official EarthMC FAQ page
- 4 Other helpful pages
- 5 Info about the EarthMC Community
- 6 What is the server IP?
- 7 What version of Minecraft is EarthMC using?
- 8 How do I go to Minecraft version 1.15.2?
- 9 Info about the new EarthMC Premium Beta (May 2020)
- 10 How do I join a town?
- 11 I just joined a town. How do I go to it?
- 12 Why are there no open towns?
- 13 I can't see myself on the Map.
- 14 How close does a town have to be from a nation to join it?
- 15 How to Join a Nation
- 16 How to Create a Town
- 17 How to Give Yourself a Plot in Your Town
- 18 How to Protect Your Town
- 19 Protecting Your Map Art from Theft
- 20 How Do I Trade Safely?
- 21 How do I Make a Sign Shop?
- 22 Why doesn't Fix solve problems encountered every day?
- 23 What is the Difference between a Citizen and a Resident?
- 24 What is an Embassy?
- 25 What is the Difference between a Battle and a War?
- 26 What is the Difference between the "Politics" and "Political Party" Categories?
- 27 Who is Staff in EarthMC?
- 28 What can I do if EarthMC ingame chat is too annoying?
- 29 How do I talk to someone privately?
- 30 What are the Towny Commands for Chat?
- 31 What are the Channels in EarthMC?
- 32 What are the Towny Commands?
- 33 Where can I ask for mod help or appeal my ban?
- 34 How do I add a Town, Nation, or Alliance Wiki Page using a Template?
- 35 Adding to the EarthMC Fandom Wiki FAQ page
- 36 Note on the Command Syntax on this Page
- 37 Thank you for visiting the EarthMC FAQ!
The EarthMC Getting Started Page
- EarthMC Getting Started
- How to get more gold
- How to deposit gold in the town vault
- How to view the EarthMC map
- How to create a town and set its options
- How to expand your claim
- How to add town residents
- Towns are automatically deleted after 42 days.
- Link to EarthMC Rules: Law of Nations (has nation naming rules)
- How to join a nation
- How to create a nation
- How to set ranks for town/nation members
- How to open a Support ticket by joining the EarthMC Support discord server
- How to join the main EarthMC Discord server
- Link to the EarthMC rules
- Link to Ban appeals
Users Guide to EarthMC
See Guide to Getting Started on EarthMC by Neon_Krby (Krby).
It contains the following info:
- The EarthMC Map scale
- How to join and go to a town
- Town plot size and how to view chunk borders
- How to make your own town
- How to create your own nation
- Benefits of being in a nation
- Staying safe in EarthMC
- Links to EarthMC wiki, Towny commands, Discord, Reddit
The Official EarthMC FAQ page
See EarthMC FAQ for the following:
- What are the Custom Recipes?
- How to Make Trade Signs
- Transferring Data between Accounts? No
- How to Apply for Moderator
- How to Switch between Chats (global, town, nation, party, donator)
- Why are mobs not moving?
- Voted but didn't receive gold?
- How to Link Minecraft to Discord
- Why is my Town Deleted?
- What are the Server McMMO Settings?
Other helpful pages
- McMMO Wiki See EarthMC FAQ for the EarthMC server settings.
- How Towny Works
- Towny Commands
- Description of Towny plugin features with tutorial videos
- Link to buying Queue Priority
- EarthMC Reddit
- News - EarthMC Live
- How to set up Discord perms
- The International Nether Transit (INT)
Info about the EarthMC Community
These additional pages about the EarthMC community are harder to find, and some might not even know they exist:
- Players and Player
- Wars, Battles, Conflicts
- World Records and Firsts
- Alliances (This is often out-of-date)
- Ships (mostly battleships)
What is the server IP?
If you are unable to connect, try play.earthmc.net
What version of Minecraft is EarthMC using?
Minecraft 1.15.2 (Java)
It's Java edition only, sorry no bedrock edition.
Note: Minecraft 1.16 is also allowed, but 1.16 features are not in the game.
How do I go to Minecraft version 1.15.2?
Minecraft should be at 1.15.2 currently. If not, then do this:
- When you open up Minecraft, do not click "Play".
- Instead, select "Installations" from the tabs on top.
- Click "+ New" on the top left. A pop up window appears.
- On the right, there should be a drop down box for all of the versions
- Select "Release 1.15.2".
- Select "Create"
- Verify on the bottom left that Minecraft 1.15.2 version is showing.
- Then press "Play"
To switch between existing Minecraft versions, just select the desired release from the drop down menu on the bottom left before pressing "Play".
Although, you can just play on 1.14, but the extra blocks are not craft-able or available, but the changed textures of some blocks (wood, melon blocks, gold and diamond blocks, glowstone and netherrack.)
Info about the new EarthMC Premium Beta (May 2020)
The new EarthMC Premium Beta showed up in the EarthMC store on May 9 2020.
It is a subscription service to support the server, allows people higher queue priority, access to a beta server with war plugin, benefits for playing in a party/group, premium chat, and cosmetic perks. More info below:
How do I join a town?
(do /invite to see commands)
Method 1: Find an open town and do /t join <town>.
Method 2: Ask anyone to invite you to a town
- Receive an invitation to a town
- /accept <town> or
- /t invite accept <town>
Method 3: Ask a town resident
- Find a town you want to join.
- Do "/t online <town>" to see which player from that town is on.
- Ask the player in chat if they can invite you to their town.
Method 4: Browse the list of open towns in the EarthMC discord.
- EarthMC Builders Club Discord, under the #town-ads channel.
I just joined a town. How do I go to it?
- /t spawn
Why are there no open towns?
Recently (late 2019), a hacker created many bots and joined a lot of towns with them. That is why open towns are generally not allowed on EarthMC.
I can't see myself on the Map.
This happens when you go underground, so you are probably either under a building, a tree, or mining.
How close does a town have to be from a nation to join it?
The limit is 3000 blocks.
A town cannot be more than 3000 blocks from its nation.
How to Join a Nation
Once your town gets an invite from a nation, do this:
- /t accept invite <nation>
You can check your town stats while in town:
- /t here it should show your nation in the town info
- /n should also show your nation info
How to Create a Town
Having gold in your inventory is very dangerous, because gold is so valuable. On 27 Sep 2019, someone was killed while typing in the town creation command. Take precautions below, to minimize the chances of being robbed.
- You should start a town greater than 10 chunks away from a neighboring town.
- Precaution: Do not announce that you are going to make a town.
- Precaution: Create a small dirt umbrella at the spot which will become your town block, when you don't have the gold on you, if you know the location, you can also claim while underground.
- Bring the 64 gold at a time when the server is not too busy.
- Precaution: Look on the map to make sure nobody is nearby. Go quickly to your location.
- Precaution: When you get there, go under the small dirt umbrella and stand under it so that you are invisible on the map.
- Precaution: Look around and make sure nobody is coming.
- You need to have 64 gold in your inventory.
- Stand in the 4 blocks that will become your town block.
- /t create <town name>
Once created, a message in chat shows that someone made a town, accompanied by GG from players because that's just always what they've said.
- /t set homeblock Sets the homeblock (you can withdraw/deposit gold standing there)
- /t set spawn Sets the spawn
- /t claim Claim wilderness for town, must have 16g, claims a single chunk according to a grid (16x16 area.)
How to Give Yourself a Plot in Your Town
Give yourself a plot
- /plot fs 0 set the plot with sale price = 0
- /plot claim
How to Protect Your Town
You want to invite some players, but don't want them to open town chests.
- /t set perm off turn off all permissions in town
- /plot set perm off turn off all permissions in the plot
- /t invite <player> invite <player> to the town
How to Set Specific Permissions for residents in the town
- /resident toggle switch off don't allow residents to open chests, use switches
- /resident toggle switch on allow residents to open chests, use switches
- /resident toggle build off don't allow residents to build
- /resident toggle destroy off don't allow residents to destroy
How to Control PVP, Explosion, Fire in a plot
- /plot toggle pvp on turns on pvp in a plot (NOTE: there is a wait period before you can turn it off again)
- /plot toggle pvp off turns off pvp in a plot
- /plot toggle explosion off
- /plot toggle fire on this allows you to light a Nether portal, remember to turn fire off afterwards
How to Set Specific Permissions in each Plot
I am not sure, but I think the town perms override the plot perms. So even if you allow switch on in the plot, if the town has switch off, then the resident would not be able to open any doors or chests.
Note: After some testing, I find that the plot perms can override town perms, but only after a long time (like a few hours).
There are 4 groups and 4 permissions.
The 4 groups are friends, residents, allies, and outsiders. The 4 permissions are build, destroy, switch, and itemuse.
(Please look at Towny commands for more info.)
The command is /plot set perm <group> <permission> <on|off>
- /plot set perm resident itemuse on allow residents to use items like enchanting table, etc.
- /plot set perm ally switch off prevents allies from using switches, and opening doors/chests
How to Check Plot Perms
I check my plot perms by walking around the town with /plot perm hud on. Plot perm hud displays all the plot permission information in a window on the right side of your screen. You can toggle this display on and off by typing the command again.
Protecting Your Map Art from Theft
Several museums have had their valuable map art stolen from item frames (as of June 26, 2020), even when the plot is claimed. The art thieves used a boat glitch to pop the items out of the frame.
Prevent this kind of theft by putting a glass pane in front of your item frame, make a backup copy, or be careful where you display your valuable map art.
How Do I Trade Safely?
You want to buy a beacon. It costs over 100g and many people have been scammed. Here are some guidelines on how to make a trade safely:
- Put your gold in an enderchest, ask to use an enderchest for the trade
- Perform the trade at a safe neutral location, for example, Madagascar
- Use the /trade command
You'll see this window pop up
type /trade Put your item in
If you're buying, click the "Not Ready" button. This turns it into a "Ready" button and the trade is complete.
How do I Make a Sign Shop?
Why doesn't Fix solve problems encountered every day?
Ask specific questions in the EarthMC Support Discord. Or look for a mod.
What is the Difference between a Citizen and a Resident?
Citizens are the inhabitants of a nation, while residents are the inhabitants of a town.
What is an Embassy?
An embassy is an area located in a town that is owned by a user not inside said town, it is usually sold for gold, and is commonly a shop due to the town that the owner is in not being very visited. To create an embassy do /plot create embassy and you can sell it with /plot fs [gold amount]
You can also create shop plots, farm plots, and inn plots. See Towny for more information.
What is the Difference between a Battle and a War?
A battle is a combat between two or more armed forces. ... Battles are between soldiers, while war is between countries or nations. Battles can be won and lost, but it may not determine the end of the War. Battles are usually short term, while wars are lengthy. (Source: Farhan Syeed on Quora)
What is the Difference between the "Politics" and "Political Party" Categories?
Politics is a category page to hold definitions and ideas (for example, Democracy, Fascism, etc.)
A Political Party is a actual political group that belongs to a location or nation.
Several Political Parties from different nations or locations can share the same ideology. But the reverse is difficult to imagine (i.e.one political party with several ideologies).
Who is Staff in EarthMC?
What can I do if EarthMC ingame chat is too annoying?
The best way is to use the Towny Commands below.
Muting a Specific Player with Towny command
- /chmute <channel> <player>
- /chunmute <channel> <player>
Muting a Specific Player with /ignore
- Caution: Not sure if /ignore can be undone easily.
- /ignore <player>. This is undone on server restart.
- To see who's being ignored: /ignorelist
Muting Everyone (several methods)
- Method 1 (best): /chmute, /chunmute
|See Towny Commands for Chat below|
- Method 2: Using Minecraft Settings (probably safer)
|Go to Minecraft Settings - Multiplayer|
|Click on "Chat Shown"|
|Set it to "Commands Only" since you can still type commands|
- Method 3: Using /mute
|You can /mute all.|
|Caution: Use at your own risk. Not sure if the reverse is /unmute all.)|
How do I talk to someone privately?
- /msg <name> <message> or click on player name in chat
Once you have a conversation going, you can just continue the chat by replying, like this:
- /r <message>
What are the Towny Commands for Chat?
- /tc or /townchat put in front of message to talk to town members only
- /nc or /nationchat put in front of message to talk to nation members only
- /g or /global put in front of message to speak in globalchat
- /res set mode reset reset chat mode to default chat
- /ch list list what channels a player is currently listening to
- /channel leave <channel>
- /channel join <channel>
Muting and unmuting a Player using Towny Commands
- /chmute <channel> <player> mutes a player in a channel
- /chunmute <channel> <player> unmutes a player in a channel
- /mutelist <channel> displays mute list for a channel
What are the Channels in EarthMC?
There are 9 channels in EarthMC: **
The commands are:
- /channel join <channel>
- /channel leave <channel>
- /channel switch <channel> This switches to the designated channel
- /channel mute <channel>
- /channel set <channel>
- /ch join global <-------- to go back to main chat
- /ch join chinese
- /ch join french
- /ch join russian
- /ch join spanish
- /ch join turkish
** This info was found ingame
Par exemple, je veux parler français dans le tchat
Veuillez utiliser /ch join french.
Pour rejoindre le tchat global, tapez /ch join global.
What are the Towny Commands?
Here is a link to the Towny Commands . Note: You may not have permission for all the commands listed.
Where can I ask for mod help or appeal my ban?
Ban appeals are handled over at our ban appeals discord server.
Join the EarthMC Support discord, go to #support-tickets and then type -new to open a ticket.
How do I add a Town, Nation, or Alliance Wiki Page using a Template?
Adding to the EarthMC Fandom Wiki FAQ page
Feel free to add frequently asked questions and answers to this page.
- Make the question Heading from the drop down box.
- Then set the font to Bold.
Learn about editing the FANDOM Wiki at Fandom University.
Note on the Command Syntax on this Page
The commands you can type into Minecraft chat are bolded.
- For example, /t spawn.
The variables are not bold and are surrounded by angle brackets.
- For example, /msg <name> <message>
- Substitute <name> with player name, and <message> with your message.
- Do not type the angle brackets < or >